Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My first trip to Buffalo.

After spending a week and a half in Florida sun-worshipping, I flew from Fort Lauderdale, via Charlotte, to Buffalo, NY. I confess that before last summer, whenever I thought of New York, I only thought of the city and so I had no idea that somewhere like Buffalo existed! To this day many of my British friends have no clue where I'm flying off too and are amazed when I tell them that New York borders Canada!

Lapping up the sun in Florida!

I was so nervous flying to Buffalo because it was the first time I had ever had to fly alone but credit to US Airways because they made me feel really relaxed and my trip was painless! Walking through the airport, my stomach was doing flips at the thought of seeing Marcus again but as soon as I saw him (cheesy as this sounds) I knew everything would be okay.


I had such a lovely time staying with him and we did some pretty cool things such as going to see Niagara Falls. I thought the cities themselves were horrendously tacky in places but the falls are beautiful and make the visit worthwhile!



I also went to my first ever baseball game! We watched the Buffalo Bisons play the Syracuse Chiefs and I think they lost quite badly. Still, I loved the atmosphere - so friendly! 


I few days later I returned to the falls to go on the Maid of the Mist! Loved it but I did get drenched! Marcus was working so I was with our Kiwi friend Chris and the amount of looks we got in the queue for our accents was hilarious!



What would a trip to Buffalo be without sampling Buffalo wings!? So we headed to Duffs and feasted. Marcus and Chris laughed at me because I insisted on eating them with a knife and fork. They may have laughed but I hate getting messy and it didn't stop me from enjoying them immensely! Love my food I do :)



I do love where Marcus lives. For me it has enough to do without being too big of a city and the fact you can drive into Canada within half an hour is fab! Luckily for me this wasn't the only time I was going to visit and I think I'll be back in Buffalo before I know it!

LYMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment