Friday, August 10, 2012

7 things about summer...

tumblr_m2ymboxcpG1ruwtyno1_1280

1. Refreshing drinks. My Nana makes big pitchers of orange juice, lemonade, a splash of wine, slices of lemon, orange and cucumber. Served over ice it's the perfect accompaniment to an evening meal (or at any time for that matter).



2. Sunshine. Sadly I haven't had much to enjoy this year due to being so busy working but trust me, if I had a spare day any time soon I'd be charging to the beach to sunbathe, splash about in the waves and run amongst the sand dunes.


SAM_0731



3. Flip flops. Easiest, comfiest (open to debate, my Mum would argue otherwise) & most versatile shoe. Big big love.


4. Summer reads. Yes we should all spend time reading the classics and yes, I love Jane Eyre as much as the next person but lets face it... when it's scorching hot and you're relaxing in the garden, the best books to join you are romantic, chick-lit with vibrant scenery, hot guys and a cute ending that leaves you all warm inside.


tumblr_lv55hqAKSs1qdbsdpo1_500
 
5. Fruit. Even though we can get most fruit all year round now, it never tastes as good as in the summer! My faves are raspberries and blueberries (with a good scoop of vanilla ice-cream).


6. Lighter evenings. I'm so sad that we've already passed the Summer solstice. There's something so cheery about not coming home from work/school in the dark. Better enjoy it whilst I can!


tumblr_m5ptwyC8yE1qhhugdo1_500
 
7. BBQs. Good food, laughter, a healthy dose of Pimm's and you're all set for a great night. 


Photo credit 1/2 - my own photo /3/4/5 - my own photo



IMG_0147

LYMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment