Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer visit.

I unexpectedly got some time off from my summer job the last couple of weeks of June and so after some last minute bookings and mild panicking from yours truly I was off and away to see my boy! 



Marcus' sister, Brie was graduating that weekend so we went back to his home town for my first ever graduation experience. Her ceremony was lovely and she looked gorgeous as usual.



The weather was beautiful the whole weekend and it was so nice to meet some more of Marcus' family and have some time to spend with Brie and his parents. We also went to Marcus' cousin's graduation and her grad party. The party was held in a park and the lake looked so beautiful that day. If we hadn't of had to go early because we had to drive home, I would have loved to have hired a boat or pedalo because the water looked so serene.



Back in Buffalo the next weekend, one of Marcus' friends from high school came to visit and had never been to Niagara Falls. So I returned for my third visit and my second excursion on the Maid of the Mist. Even though I'll never get back the delight I got when I saw the falls for the very first time, they still manage to make me take a step back and go 'wow'. The sheer amount of water cascading down is incredible and the Maid of the Mist is such good fun.



Other things we got up to during my two week visit included going to a big outdoor Fountains of Wayne concert (so awkward that probably 99.9% of the people there were just waiting for Stacey's Mom - including ourselves!), having a great rooftop day drinking party, eating yummy food (I especially love Wendy's burgers and fries, Chipotle and my beloved Sourpatch Watermelons) and an epic mini-golfing session (Marcus killed it and I sucked). Such a good two weeks!


Marcus rocking his pinny and shades during our rooftop session ;) love you!

LYMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment