Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Christmas 2011




For Christmas 2011, I stole Marcus away from his family and he flew to stay with me in England. It was the first time he had ever ventured out of the USA/ Canada (he didn't even previously have a passport to my amazement) and so I was determined to make sure he had a really good visit. 


He flew into Manchester on the morning of Christmas Eve and I swear I felt like I was in the final scene of Love Actually. Arrivals is genuinely the most adorable place. I remember stood waiting for Marcus, butterflies in my stomach, watching all these scenes of family reunions, boyfriends with flowers and thinking how lovely it is to be reminded of all love around us (yes, cheesy but yes, true). Anyway, he came through the doors and as usual I was the happiest girl in the world with him around.


The poor boy got an afternoon of rest before we started 'lets meet Laura's entire family in 2 days'... he was a trooper :)


Christmas Eve/Day/Boxing Day were lovely and it was so nice to have him with me after so long apart! The pictures are from our Christmas dinner - we go out these days because it's so much less hassle but my whole family is always there! Our table is generally the biggest!





LYMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment